(FO) Ribbi Cardi: The Intarsia-ning
Posted by Amber on October 30, 2007
Pattern: Ribby Cardi by Bonne Marie Burns
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease: Lavender (2 balls); White (1 ball); Black (4 balls). I really wanted to use up all of my old cotton ease (original colors). I learned to knit with that lavender! It was like, the first yarn I bought when learning to knit (I knit 10 rows of knitting, 10 rows of purling, 10 rows of stockinette; 10 rows of 1×1 ribbing; 10 rows of 2×2 ribbing, bound off and then cast on for a sweater). Anyway. It was clear I wasn’t going to have enough lavender, so I added the stripes at the elbows. I meant for it to be higher on the arm, and probably would have made that middle part a little thicker (three rows black, two lavender, three black, probably).
Mods: Seamless! I did the sleeves in the round, then when I joined the body I did it with intarsia. Only one little problem area (I won’t point it out to you. I think it’s pretty obvious, though. Consider it a find Waldo puzzle). Overall I enjoyed doing it this way, although it was like wrangling an octopus (ball of black; ball of lavender; ball of black; ball of lavender; ball of black). It was my first intarsia. I’m not sure I like intarsia enough to make a design in a shirt or something, but I like it for raglan cardigan sleeves. I made the sleeves a touch longer than I wanted – but I’d still rather they be too long than too short. Keeps my wrists warm.
Two thumbs up for Ribbi!