Posted by Amber on August 31, 2007
Flashback to my days working in student services, and having to process the IPG (in progress) cards for people who didn’t finish their projects and needed an extra semester.
Lorna’s Laces, Shepherd Sock, Sherbert. Addi Turbo; Size 0 (2 mm)
I did the first five rows (the part below the yellow line -which iss actually green-) in about two hours last Sunday. The chart that comes with the pattern is crazy. It’s labeled 1-3, 4, 5-7, 8… and so on. Then there’s a section that’s marked out with X’s, and you have to refer to a different chart to do that section. I wondered why there were so few Theloniouses in Ravelry! Now I know. So what I did was rechart the whole thing for my size:
I set up a sheet of knitting graph paper in excel. Read all about that.
I charted everything on an individual line (1, 2, 3, and so on) leaving X for the lace panel.
I went back through and changed the Xs to the appropriate symbol for the lace panel.
I resized it to fit to one page.
I made sure to click “print gridlines” when printing (on the print setup tab).
And in about 2 hours yesterday, I knit 18 rows.
The chart took me a while to set up (probably 2 or 3 hours) but was so worth it!