Posted by Amber on August 7, 2006
Despite a set back due to a spider (outside, but um, well, it was still really big) I finished the back of the Cabled Hoodie this weekend, putting me at 1/2 done!
A detail of the cable pattern. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that blocking helps those bobble look better. I can’t quite put it into words, but I feel like the way the cross over happens just doesn’t look right. But I’m trying not to think about then until post blocking.
The back. The arms seem a wee bit shallow, but that could very well be a visual trick because I’m tired. There’s some weird horizontal stripes going on with the way the short cable crosses over, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that blocking fixes that.
The sleeve. I did the sleeve first to get an idea how the cable worked, because I read another blog where someone was going to reverse half the cables (to make them face each other). I wanted to have a sense of how the cable worked (it makes more sense to me when they’re worked out, rather than just looking at them on a page), although in the end I decided not to flip them. The sleeves are really long, and the cuff is meant to flip over (and hide that funny looking part with the one inch right below the cables. They really could have worked out those decreases in a better way, if you asked me.)