A mitt with no mate
Posted by Amber on February 2, 2006
So I ripped out Broadstreet on Monday night. (I know, I know, it was pretty, but it didn’t fit. And it didn’t fit anyone I could give it to. And it had only taken me three days.)
I cast on again, going down from a size three needle to a size two (and going from 7 stitches per inch to 8). I did about a half an inch of ribbing Monday, up to the pinky on Tuesday, the ring finger on Wednesday, and I finished the middle finger, index finger and thumb tonight. Tonight I also found my regular weaving needle was too big (short enough, but too thick, and my other needles that are thin enough are too long!)
It was funny, I was working on it for a while before class on Wednesday and a guy in my class (who does not seem dumb, but is married before anyone makes suggestions) asked me if I was starting it now for next winter.